Nuffnang

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Then and Now

There was a time when I have to beg "Please come with me? There's a nice movie to catch."
But now we hardly see the same movie unless it was appropriate for the little one to watch

There was a time when we talk on the phone all night, though we'll see each other the next day
But now the only words we say is "good night"; too tired to chat, had too many things to do today

There was a time when we dine at fancy restaurants almost every week
But now fast food, fries and pizzas are the ones we usually seek

But there was a time when I wake up in the morning not knowing what the future holds
Now I know what my purpose is for each day. It's clear, I don't need to be told

There was a time when I felt all alone; and in my life there was a hole
But now I know that even if we are not together my heart would always be whole

And there was a time all things seems to be lost and there was no "happy ever after"
But now with you and the little girl there will always be a life filled with joy and laughter

My life has changed since you came and I wrote this piece so that I can say
That I love you with all my heart even if I am 2438 miles away.


Executive Lunch
February 22, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment