Nuffnang

Friday, March 22, 2013

Earth Hour 2013



Today the whole world would be celebrating Earth Hour once again.  I personally believe in this crusade and has been participating in Earth Hour for the past couple of years.  Two years ago I posted a video blog regarding Earth Hour http://azicran.blogspot.com/2011/03/luchadors-vlog-earth-hour-2011.html

Earth Hour is celebrated by turning off your lights and other non-essential electrical items for one hour beginning at 8:30pm.  This is to reduce electricity consumption and use of fossil fuel.  This is actually the 7th year of Earth Hour which the WWF started in Sydney, Australia back in 2007.  And for one whole day as Earth Hour passes from one time zone to another Mother Earth can breath easily.

This year, I know my family back in Manila would be joining Earth Hour while I would turn off my lights, my computer and TV here in Mongolia as well.

To learn more about Earth Hour visit http://earthhour.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment