Nuffnang

Friday, January 14, 2011

Blog your way to a stress-free life

People sometimes tell me "Why do you blog?" "It's a good thing you find time to blog."  Well, my answer is simple, I blog so that I can sleep.  I am already an insomniac due to years of sleep deprivation and since the cause of me not sleeping is because I have a lot of things my mind the only way to release it is to write.

You see, writing keeps the other half of my brain balanced since I deal with numbers and people everyday at work.  And even though I would have loved to be creative in making a memo I don't want to confuse people if I am announcing something or writing a reprimand letter.  For business, I write logically.  Here I can have freedom in any topic I choose and in the best way I can express myself.

And I am not a professional writer, my wife is the one who writes (and believe me if she blogs she would make more sense than these ramblings.)  But I make it a point that I write from the heart.  What you see here are extensions of what I really am.

Before blogging came, I used to write songs, poetry and even started my concept on a novel.  Sadly, only the songs are the ones that I have kept.  I wasn't able to save the poetry I have made and the novel was stored on a 5 1/4 diskette(yeah, I know it is that old.) But one of these days I can sit down and write that story again.  And since I only write for fun, there is no pressure nor deadline or trying to please an editor.

So I would recommend blogging to release your creative self and to obtain balance in life.  And it is not that hard, think of it as a very long tweet where you are not limited to 140 characters.

Now excuse me, I need to go back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment