Nuffnang

Friday, August 30, 2013

Listening to: Jay Z's Holy Grail featuring Justin Timberlake



Warning: The song contains explicit lyrics.  Parental Guidance is advised.

Fresh off the success of their monster hit collaboration "Suit and Tie" Jay-Z and JT brings us "Holy Grail"from Jay-Z's album entitled Magna Carta... Holy Grail.  The song contains a sampling of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and also references Kurt Cobain in the lyrics.

While many has mixed feelings about the song, I personally like it for JT's smooth vocals and the cool beat.  Listening to the first part with just the piano really is very cool.  It then drops the beat after the first chorus and just before Jay Z starts to say "uh" for about a hundred or so times in the song I guess.

Instead of the whole lyrics let me just place the chorus here for you guys to appreciate:

And baby, it's amazing I'm in this maze with you
I just can't crack your code
One day you screaming you love me loud
The next day you're so cold
One day you're here, one day you're there, one day you care
You're so unfair, sipping from your cup 'til it runneth over, Holy Grail


No comments:

Post a Comment